Saturday, July 3, 2010

Friend

I don't have many friends. I have plenty of acquaintances who I'm polite to and make daily conversations to. At school, most of classmates are very good acquaintances of mine. I could spend lunchtime with nearly any of them, I could sit net to anyone in class and still be happy.
I have acquaintances at church too. They too are pretty cool to talk, spend the day with and go out to lunch or something. Very friendly people.
I have acquaintances on facebook. I can comment on their status' and have a little cyber fun with them.

But if I got raped, seriously abused by my parents or if I ever contemplated suicide, that's when my REAL friends stand out like a massive sore warty thumb. There's about four of them I can think of right now. The ones who I'll actually run to (figuratively). 

I'm so unbelievably thankful I have those people. I probably would never tell them they mean that much to me cos Im useless at saying stuff like that... but I'm so so sure they know that. You should know if that's you!

There are so many people in this world who have no one they feel they could talk to. No one who they feel they could trust. They feel absolutely alone. And I have four of those people. How lucky am I?!

I don't like using the word "friend" lightly. When I say friend, I think of my four people and think "yep, my FRIEND". I also don't like it when people say "we're friends right?" because I really don't wanna say, "no, sorry, but you are a good acquaintance"... in case they feel insulted or something.

Jesus calls me friend. I like that.

2 comments:

  1. "because I really don't wanna say, 'no, sorry, but you are a good acquaintance'... in case they feel insulted or something."

    Just be like "yeah yeah we're mates" haha 'mates' just doesnt seem as meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the way you end your blog. its so like, i dont know... they way i would end a blog.
    i like this blog, i like you, i do.

    ReplyDelete