Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Huh.

I was reading a book and I came across the line "I would trust him with my life". Then I thought to myself, how many times that this been said and it's actually been true? And also, what does trusting someone with your life means?

[FYI] - This was in a courtroom and the woman who spoke these words was put on the stand was referring to the defendant - her son.

I thought to myself that these words were always taken so seriously and trusting someone with your life seems pretty huge (well, what more do you have to give?), but how do you prove it? Does it mean that if you would go cliff diving if the other person promises to catch you and make sure you leave unscathed? Or does it mean that you would marry someone they HIGHLY recommended them and gave a guarantee that they would make the perfect spouse? Or does it mean that you'd invest every cent you had knowing that the outcome will be worth it?

Because that's what I think trusting someone with your life is...partly.

The only one who I could absolutely, positively do this to is God. I mean, who else knows my life (in detail) 50 years from now? Who else knows 100% that I'll even live 50 years from now?

God's knowledge is infinite. So he knows exactly how much I need when I need it. And if I don't have it, I'll be okay.

God cares SO MUCH! So he handles my life with the utmost care. My life is precious. So is yours. I gave mine to his experienced, careful hands. He can take care of it way better than I ever could.



I love him for that. For His certainty. He's so able and so willing. Not a lot of people are. Some are willing but unable. Some can, but won't. He can and he will. If it's good for me. Otherwise, I don't need it.




This is what's been going through my head lately...

Yep.

1 comment:

  1. "Some are willing but unable. Some can, but won't. God can and he will. If it's good for me. Otherwise, I don't need it."

    this is the best quote on your whole blog and thats saying a lot. mean post. and yeah, ive never really thought of it like that right. such a cliche saying too, i hear it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete