Friday, November 12, 2010

Firework

Firework by Katy Perry.
I like the song. I like the music video.

I nearly cry everytime I watch. Seriously, I get choked up and have to bite and blink my tears away. But it's touching. The song's only 3:48 long but it's enough to get to me.

It's a music video about people stepping up and out of their little safety box (comfort zone), being the 'firework' that they are.
My favourtie one is when the boy steps into the fight his parents are having to stop his dad from hurting his mum and to cease the violence that's scaring his little sister.

Cause there's a spark in you
You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky

I got teary writing this blog. I'm such a baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment