Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chocolate Cake. Mmmmm.....

So I made a chocolate mud cake which is my first cake I've made all by myself! (sans those ready-made just add oil and eggs ones)

I was really worried that my mixture was too runny. And light in colour. It looked quite watery in fact. But it turned out okay. Whew! And i got not bad feedback -  that's always good. 

And I like the idea of glaze rather than icing:


This what it looked like when it came out 

Side on:

Why is it not flat?
Bad greasing of the baking tray (am going to use baking paper next time)


Now for the finished product:


Later that night:



It tastes better the next day. I had a little bit of this left-over piece. The texture is better.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, it does taste better cold (e.g. next day), and also better to glaze it when it's cool/cold, so it won't look bumpy.

    ReplyDelete