Friday, December 17, 2010

C.S Lewis Blog

I really enjoy reading C.S Lewis' writing. He doesn't just have a good story to tell, but the way in which he writes it is engrossing. He describes places and people so well and with a pinch of wit. 

I've been reading The Chronicles Of Narnia and I just love reading his descriptions. He does not exaggerate and everything is written as a matter of fact. "Suddenly, from nowhere - no one's sense of direction was very clear by now - there came a cry, either of some inhumane voice or else a voice of on in such extremity of terror that he had almost lost his humanity." *

Lewis also said "Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite."

I really liked his book titled 'Mere Christianity'. One of my posts was a paragraph from it. I can tell by reading his writing that he's very intelligent by the things he says.

I wonder what talking to him would be like. I'm going to go try and find an interview in YouTube.




*The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

1 comment:

  1. ooh. i stand guilty of throwing around words that have more meaning than i give them credit for.
    i.e. awesome.

    thanks lewy! :)

    ReplyDelete