Thursday, December 9, 2010

Real Life. Real Drama.

I like watching real life television. Reality shows like 'The Hills' and documentaries.

Reality shows that have recently captured my attention is of the likes of '16 and Pregnant' and 'Teen Mom' (a continuation of the '16 and Pregnant' girls). I'm intrigued and a bit weirded out about what these girls go through at such a young age. I can't believe they're MY age. They are forced to grow up really quickly and most of girls struggle real badly with that. And the guy's are such douche-bags. And I'm always surprised that the girls are surprised when they don't lift a finger to help. Duh! They're 16-year-old boys!

I also like watching Documentaries about families. Large families with 15+ children, step families who cannot get along and even Amish families. I like watching other people's families because they're so different to my own. And it makes me realise how special my family is. They're so supporting, and loving and I actually like them. Not just in a you're-related-to-me-so-I'm-forced-to-love-you kind of way.

I like watching interviews. Princess Diana, J.K Rowling, Roald Dahl's family and more. I wonder if the Documentary channel will ever show a documentary about Tolkien or Lewis. I would love to watch that.

Old episodes of Laguna Beach came on the other day. I can't believe how young Lauren was! And how funny Kristen used to dress. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. I love the the hills. OMG IKR Lauren was sooo young like actually. It was sweet. I used to hate Kristen soo much. Nice blog Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling documentaries, for sure right. Maybe not so much feeling the reality TV shows, but because of who I live with and who I go out with, I'm always clued up on what's going on with everyone. Sigh.

    "I wonder if the Documentary channel will ever show a documentary about Tolkien or Lewis. I would love to watch that."

    For a Tolkien documentary, check disc 3 of our LOTR: Return Of The King Extended Edition DVD lawl.

    ReplyDelete