Friday, December 31, 2010

That's A Wrap

It's the end now (well technically in a couple of hours). Goodbye 2010. Time to leave the sadness and disappointments behind and take with me as much goodness as I can extract from this year's lessons.

So I've found that:

~ God is REALLY awesome. Someone I'm in awe of. He's amazing. Actually amazing. He's brought me back to my first love with Him. I forgot what it was like when I felt so in love with Him and how much I adored Him. I forgot to be thankful. I forgot the significance of His painful sacrifice He went through to pay my debt - that he paid His perfect life to spare my withered, sinful one. I became complacent. But He brought me back, revived me.
 "Through the times I've faded and you've outlined me again" - Relient K. The song "Am I Understood?" reminded me of what it felt like to be in really love and really appreciate Him. You should give it a listen. Or just look up the lyrics if you're not into that genre of music (rock).
At my church we sing this song "Jesus It Is You". It always brings me back to the night I chose Jesus - it's puts tears in my eyes and melts my heart. "Who wears my guilt on his shoulders? Who holds my heart in his hands? Who takes my thoughts and fears, and hangs them on the arms of calvary? Jesus it is you".
I love Him for walking this year with me and the assurance that He'll walk me with me to the end of my mortal days is comforting.

~ Studying makes things easier. I know, I know, teachers and parents have been telling us this our whole existence. I've just started believing them now. Study groups is the way to go for me. They're so helpful and fun. I work best when I ask questions and compare and contrast my ideas and answers with others. I now have to wait for my exam results in the mail to see how effective my studying was.

~ Worrying solves nothing. It just creates more problems. I guess I've always known in theory but I didn't really understand myself and fully believe it. I know now to breathe, pray and move forward - easier said than done, but hey, difficult is not impossible.

~ And I like people more. I like human in general a whole lot more (definitely God given) and I'm very fond of my friends even more. It's been a good year people-wise.


I don't know about anyone else (except for Amy) but this year hasn't been a great year and it has gone really slowly for me. And frankly, I'm glad to leave it behind. The new year doesn't exactly erase the previous one, but I love the sense of new beginnings, a fresh start, a second chance.

So from me to you - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. So this is you with improved people-liking-skills. Wow.

    [....lol! just galling!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant believe i just read this now lol, ur awsum Laura! Gods got you walking a great walk!

    ReplyDelete