Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Really Really Really Like This

I've been asked a lot what my favourite song is at the moment. Almost always I have the same answer - "I don't know there are too many to pick from".

Well, now, I think I've actually found one. I've liked it for a long time now (a few months) and I never thought of it as a favourite. But every time I listen to it, my heart lights up and sort of smiles. It's only today that I realised how much I liked this song. It's a very personal song for me. I even thought about whether or not it's something that I should share. I mean, it's not MY song. I don't own the rights to it. But I've made sort of a claim to it. I have it in my head that no one else should love this song like I do. Then I realised I was being silly. 

I wanted to post the whole lyrics on here because choosing a few lines as a sample was too difficult. But I ended up deciding I'll post the chorus (and the last two lines of the song). I love this song. 

Another risk of posting this is the possibility of people hating on it. I don't want that. So please don't diss or even call this song mediocre. To my face (or to my blog). You can have your negative opinion (of course) - I just don't want to hear it.

Is it just me or am I taking this favourite song thing way too seriously? Do you love your favourite song as much as I love mine? 

Oh and I should say what it is right? .. okay...
*deep breath*
.....and sorry if this end result is anti-climatic for you. It's my blog and my song (not really though).


I Am Understood? by Relient K.
You looked into my life and never stopped. And you're thinking all my thoughts are so simple, but so beautiful. And you recite my words right back to me before I even speak. You let me know 
I am understood.

Your voice has broken my defense.
Let me embrace salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment