Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pokémon Week



From the 11th to the 17th of April was apparently Pokémon Week (according to fb - which we ALL know is the source of all truth). Everyone who joined Pokémon week was to change their profile picture to a Pokémon they liked the best. I really wanted to participate because Pokémon rocks! But I couldn't decide on a Pokémon, so I'll just blog for Pokémon week. 

Watching the theme song for Pokémon just took me way back to Samoa where I looked forward to Saturday mornings (8am, if I remember correctly) and I remember my cousin and brother doing a cute dance (?) around the living room.

Good times... Pokémon is one of the FEW good things I remember about Samoa's television back then (that and WWF (now WWE) and Sesame St)...
Man, I'd forgotten how cute Pokémon were. Ash was such a young (only 10!) but determined trainer who dreamed to one day become a Pokémon master. I miss watching those early episodes. Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmader, Ash, Brock & Misty. Those guys. I have no idea about the Pokémon world now. So MANY new, weird looking Pokémon. AND new faces. 

Looking back at how much I enjoyed it makes me wish I still followed it on television. Maybe it won't be the same... maybe it will be...
Oh well, it's better to have loved and lost it than to never have loved at all.


I cried when first watched this. This is the first time I've watched this since that time, when I was a little girl in Samoa. 

1 comment:

  1. All the new Pokemon look too plastic and shiny I reckon.

    ReplyDelete