Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Blog That I Thought Was A Spoiler But Actually Isn't At All So I Re-posted It With A New More Accurate Title

To Neil, to Jessica, to David, to Kenzie, to Di, to Anne, and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end.

The very end. And what an ending. Harry Potter has a very big buzz around it since the last movie came out (imagine what it would've been like if I lived in England!). I am very happy and sad to see the end.
~
It has taken till part-seven-part-two to accept that some people just don't like Harry Potter. Although I am gobsmacked, I remember that it just doesn't tickle their fancy and that's it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's hard to accept and it takes everything in me not to smack people in the face and try and convince them to see what I'm seeing.
~
The journey was more than Harry, Ron and Hermione's. It was so much bigger than that. So much more exciting and each person had such rich character. I have so many things I could say about the Harry Potter series and I don't think simply a blog will suffice. But I'll say a little.
~
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie but I cannot say I would watch it again for at least another few months. It takes a toll watching the film and it's not a chick flick I can just watch on a whim. It's emotionally consuming.
~
The books and movies shall live on as will the Harry Potter legacy. Thank you J.K Rowling. And Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuarón, Mike Newell and David Yates. It has been quite a ride reading and watching it all. 

Cute lil' Harry



Mean Maori Mean battle at Hogwarts




And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom!

Brilliant girl. So. Brilliant. 
He's totes not ugly and he makes Hufflepuff cool

4 comments:

  1. you almost brought a tear to my eye... but that might be the wine. I am just looking forward to starting reading it to my kiddo soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second your Harry Potter salute. Love the series. Read it to my children. Hope they will one day read it to their grandchildren.

    Oh - and LOVE the reminder of good ole Edward/I mean Robert Pattinson...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally this to my children! (to my future not-so-Edward-perfect man. lol!)

    I'm totally a massive fan of the books and I'm glad that the non-readers/movie-watchers are in on the ending!

    When I first saw Goblet of Fire, I was like "ooh I like" to Cedric. Years later, new hair, fake accent and I had NO IDEA that it was the same dude on Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to say thank you to Steve Kloves (one of the screenwriters whose been there from Philosopher's Stone)! lol Awww thinking of Harry Potter makes me sad to think about for now... Need to come back to it in a while when I've accepted that it really is all over and it isn't a "thing" distracting me while I read it. Been reading it for over half of my life! Yeah, saying that makes me feel not-so-old hehe.

    And there really aren't any spoilers in this blog eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete