Thursday, September 29, 2011

Quirkiness

I've found from personal experience, it is so much easier to be cool on the internet rather than in person. You may or may not agree with me but whatevs. I'll explain further.

If I write a witty or quirky message on fb. It will get a fair amount of likes. Even from acquaintances who I don't really talk to. Which is a nice little way of still maintaining the little connection we have. But say the same thing during conversation and it's so out of place and you get the odd look or laughed at.

So here are some conclusions I can draw from my observations:

a) Unlike face-to-face conversations, fb messages can be very random and enjoyable at the same time. Face-to-face conversations requires things to be in context or else it'll be too out of the blue.

b) My friends who I hang out with don't share the same humour as me and I should just ditch them to hang out with the acquaintances who appreciate my jokes.

c) Weirdness is diluted when translated into words. Messages written have a different tone or voice than messages said. And words written have a tidier feel (does that make sense to you?).

d) People who "like" my fb words are actually laughing at me. Not with me...... naah! That can't be it!


Byyyyeeee!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha...shot Laws. You forgot one though:

    e) A Facebook message gives the slow people time to click. LOL! Jokes jokes. (hopefully option c is true for me right now)

    ReplyDelete