Monday, September 12, 2011

This Cookie Has Been Around Town

If you know me, then you'll know I like baking. I make pretty good stuff and I swear I'm not trying to be a disgustingly overly-modest dick, BUUUT, I put it 90% down to the fact that I just have good recipes. Monkey read, monkey do. It's just that this monkey reads the good stuff. ANYPOOS, with that intro over with, here's the next intro.

I have this chocolate chip cookie recipe given to me by my sister, Sina (who's a darn good baker). Lot's of recipes have come in and out of my life. Some get lost and forgotten. I get sick of some. But this cookie recipe, remains. 

It's actually a recipe for a giant cookie, and I decide whether I WANT a giant cookie or lots of mini ones or any size in between. They make excellent gifts for the times when I'm poor and can't afford to buy one (ie. all the time), for birthday goodie bags and for parties (well, the parties I go to anyway). Here's a peek at our life together.

Here's to the times we've had and the years to come. Mazel tov!




Me being adventurous and putting peanut butter on it. Not the healthiest of adventures....


A friend and I baked a ridiculous amount for a baby shower. Ridiculous, I tell you. As in, we didn't even need that many. Riddikulus! Wait, no, there were no boggarts...

Left: that's half of them


Right: the other half



It makes for a very delicious Valentine's present. 

Cookies brings friends together :) (and seen in this post)


My fingers are there to show the scale of the cookie.

Tip: Cut the shape out you want asap - It's easier and cleaner that way. (Learned that the hard way, as seen in my Valentine's cookie).


Birthday gift for another friend :)


EDIT: P.S If you want this recipe, hit me up! (did I just say that?)

3 comments:

  1. I love love love this post! And those delicious cookies!! Ooh I wanna make some now.. (maybe I'll make some this week..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you done with this cookie recipe...taken it to a whole new level :)

    You know when my birthday is, right?

    ReplyDelete