Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Can't Insert This Into Casual Conversation

...which is one of the things I like about blogging. I can say things which seem random and out of the blue but it's okay. I can say it whenever I please and the reader reads whenever it suits them. It's a comfortable exchange.

So onto what I wanted to say:

I've watched a lot of vloggers (yes that's a "v", not a "b".) do a survey in which one of the questions were "What would you name your children?" A lot of them replied by saying they weren't even sure they'll have children.

Now I know this is a common decision. Well, actually no, I don't know. I've only seen it on television or YouTube. I don't actually know real-life people who don't want children. (well, maybe I do, but we don't talk about it. How do you bring up the subject of children without sounding like you want them with that person. Awkward.)

But I've always thought that I'd have children someday. And not in an oh-I-want-two-girls-one-boy-named- Susan-Rebecca-and-Jude way. I don't have some sort of fantasy family in mind. I just always thought of children as such a natural part of life. You eat, you poop, you sleep, you have children. I mean, we were born because our parents had children (and I don't mean that's the meaning of our existence. What I mean is that as a result of giving birth - here we are).

And maybe I only have these thoughts because as a seventeen-year-old, having children is just a concept and not an important decision I have to make right now. I know that having children is generally really inconvenient compared to a child-less life. But the thought of NOT having children is so alien to me.

I don't know if that's a good way to wrap up a post - well, I didn't wrap it up but I wanna stop in case I write something TOO weird.

Kthanksbye!

3 comments:

  1. Aimee was reading this over my shoulder and she wants to know what your kids names would be?hahaha.

    But yeah I love how this, like my last post is one of those late night/early morning posts. Maybe it's cos in those random alone times we suddenly think of a million things, and yeah I agree with this post.

    Plus my favourite part..

    (well, maybe I do, but we don't talk about it. How do you bring up the subject of children without sounding like you want them with that person. Awkward.)

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's weird too when people don't want kids... But it's not a bad thing. I mean, we do have a population problem on this planet... lol. Just think they'd miss out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If people don't wanna HAVE (i.e. give birth to) kids, I totally understand (why is my hand raised?).

    You may have been too young to participate, but we used to sit on our (famous) front steps at Saoluafata and list and "bags" names for our kids. They were usually foreign (and not English foreign, I mean like Russian foreign). Like Nikolai. LOL!

    ReplyDelete