Monday, December 26, 2011

The Cookie Recipe

A reader of mine (omg I can say that! LOL) - ReaderWriter saw my cookies I posted here and was curious of the recipe. So here it be! :) (I got it off my sister fyi)

It's a giant cookie recipe so you can either make a giant cookie or split them into smaller bits to make any sized cookies you want!

225g butter, softened
3/4 Cup white sugar
3/4 Cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 Cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Cups chocolate chips

Method.

1) Beat the butter, white and brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.

2) Add eggs one at a time - beating well after each.

3) Gradually add flour, salt and baking soda, beating well until blended. (It says gradually but I just dumped the whole lot in. lol)

4) Stir in chocolate chips (I do this by hand. I don't know if you have to.)

Spread across a baking or pizza tray to make a giant cookie to slice up or make little thick pancake shaped things to make smaller cookies. The cookie spreads out quite a bit.

Oh and 190°C for 20-25 mins. (I use 175 because I'm scared of burn. LOL So I've never actually used 190. But you know your oven so just fiddle and work with it. And if you're making smaller cookies, check at 15 mins to make sure they haven't burnt. The smaller the cookies, the less time required I think...)


Okay, there it is. Sorry it's not very detailed but I condensed it to write and save on my phone and I just added in what I thought from experience.


Refer to this blog post where I blogged about this cookie recipe. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Laura! lol Can't wait to have a go at making it with my kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* You're sisters with the great Bina?? :)

    Yea, you have "readers", like a boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ReaderWriter You're welcome!

    @Bina I'm so privileged to be related to such a legend! ;) And readers that aren't related to me or who I bug to read my blogs! Woaaah! LOL!

    ReplyDelete