Friday, December 9, 2011

Failure

I missed posting a blog yesterday. And for that, I'm very sorry. Not in an apologetic way, just sorrowful. Because to me, that counts as failure. Failing at carrying out something I said I would. But failure certainly does not mean that we stop. We find our feet and awkwardly hobble until we've found the rhythm again.

Doctor Who is one of those television shows where it's really fun to look out for the theme of the episode. I love it. It's underlying references to human behavior and how we treat each other. In the midst of the aliens, time and space travelling and fighting bad guys, Doctor Who has an amazing way of communicating friendship, sacrifice, and shows what humans are capable of - good and bad.

Sure I enjoy rom-coms here and there - but it's these kind of shows that really get my attention. Episodes I can watch over and over and share quotes on fb. I love the banter, the jokes, and epic speeches from Doctor Who.

I bet if this show came on TV2 - way more people would be into it. But alas, it only airs on Prime and UKTV. And seriously, who in New Zealand watches these channels? (Except for when Doctor Who or The Weakest Link is on).

Doctor Who makes me think and question. Laugh and at times, cry. But mostly, I'm just impressed at how cool the doctor is.

"There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow — there's one thing you never EVER put in a trap... me."

No comments:

Post a Comment