Thursday, June 21, 2012

Not Alone

I'm not the only one who feels like they're sick of being "the good girl" all the time and that there's so much pressure to be better than the average human if you're generally not horrible.

I'm not the only one who gets angry at my parents and siblings.

I'm not the only one who thinks about running away and cutting ties from everyone I know and to just start again.

I'm not the only one who didn't get an Excellence.

I'm not the only who's cried myself to sleep.

I'm not the only one who's felt so fat and ugly that I just want to hide and hate myself in a corner of loathsome.

I'm not the only one who's felt so out of place in an unfamiliar place. Like being in Taupo surrounded by rich white skinny families with flash cars.

I'm not the only one who's been terribly embarassed by being wrong.

I'm not the only one who has felt alone even though I'm constantly sourrounded by people who love me.

I'm not the only one that has failed and hated myself for failing and hated myself for hating myself and so on.

I'm not the only one who's gotten rejected.

No. I'm not the only one. I'm not alone in these horrible experiences. You are not alone. It feels like it because you internalise everything. It feels like it because you think everyone else's life but yours rocks. It feels like it because you're not in their head. But you're not alone. You're not. I'm not.

We're all in this together.

2 comments:

  1. You're never alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Agree ;)

    your best friend, Kulgan

    ReplyDelete