Monday, October 29, 2012

Adulthood, Miscommunication, Ideas

My urge to write occurs spontaeneously - and it rarely hits when I'm sitting at a computer. Thus, I feel less and less inspired to write blog posts. However, when it DOES hit, I write it down on a piece of paper or type it on my phone for reference for when I DO come to a computer. I shall type them out for you :)

Adulthood
When I was a little girl, I always wanted thought adults were these divine beings that knew everything there was to know and did everything right. They never cried cos they're never scared or sad about anything. They were perfect. I was so excited to grow up because I couldn't for the day to leave behind my peasant childhood cloak and bask in glorious adulthood or perfection and money. So it turns out that's not actually the reality of it all. They're imperfect creatures who are still finding their feet day to day. Damn. So I've learnt that be a noun-grownup, you have to verb-grow-up. Adulthood is not something that happens to you, it's something that happens with you.

Less Is More
Something I strive to minimise in my life is miscommunication. Thus, I have this tendency to try and explain myself - all. the. time. I aim to ensure the other person understands as much as possible about what I try to say. I hate hate hate watching movies where things go wrong because there was miscommunication or fail to deliver a message then everything gets blown out of proportion (frickin Romeo and Juliet). So I talk and talk and talk until I've exhausted my message with clarification. But more often than not, my act of service is met with awkwardness rather than appreciation. They find it amusing rather than helpful. So maybe I should just back of a little, maybe less is more.

Talking
When I have ideas mulling around my head, I always want someone there with me so I can discuss said ideas and bounce off each other so my ideas develop, evolve, alter or comfirmed. But my two situations usually are: a) there's no one around so I just write it on here with no second opinion and b) my ideas just get met with looks because it's not something anyone else cares about. This makes me feel a) supreior and b) lonely - both of which I know in my head is not true but it's what I feel in my heart.

And those are some of the contents of my notebook of thoughts.
Till next time,
don't forget to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment