Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hopeful Romantic

Like most other 18 year old girls, I sometimes often think about who my future long term significant other will be and how we'll be and what we'd do blah blah blah cheesy things.

I watch movies and observe couples around me (like a creepy stalker) and make mental notes of what I want that other people have and things I definitely don't want at all. I think about decisions I would and would not make. I see grand public gestures and private intimate moments and have decided I want lots of both.

I think of the hugs and the kisses and the (SLOW) strolls on the beach (of Samoa hopefully) and of the DVD nights of closeness and popcorn, I think of the dressing up and going out dancing, I think of spontaneous outings that was prepared (so it'll only be spontaneous for me. haha) which would surprise me mostly because I'd think he's so useless at planning and preparation and the fact that he tried extra hard to pull it off would be admirable. 

But most of all, I think about the long winded conversations about philosophy and sociology and why things are. I think about how he'd challenge my ideas and rebut things I'm so sure of. I think of how we'd better each other; we'd speak our mind about every issue and unlike annoying internet people, we'd be open-minded and ALWAYS be willing to hear the other side out - whether it be about abortion, sexuality or whether smooth or crunchy peanut butter is better (smooth, of course). 

But I do think that there's someone out there that will crush my predetermined list of ideals with their overpowering awesomeness. Best case scenario.

But lastly, I think about how I need to be thinking about my biology exam coming up on Tuesday.
Ia, uma i ga lou fia kaukalaikiki ae alu fai sou meaoga. Okay.

5 comments:

  1. I too, am a hopeful romantic. Form a club yeah? lol love your blog hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha totes form a club of chocolate, wine and Nicholas Sparks books/movies. LOL! Thaaaanks I love yours tooo!!

      Delete
  2. If u ever do find one that wants to watch Nicholas Sparks movies without rolling his eyes and making strangling noises - lock him up and dont let him escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I'll make sure to handcuff him so he CAN'T leave. Or dazzle him with brownies. Somehow, I shall imprison him!!!

      Delete
  3. You had me sighing....and then cracking up (loudly in the office!!!) when I read your exiting statement. You're so funny Gartz :-)

    ReplyDelete