Thursday, November 15, 2012

Open Letter: Special Someone

Dear special someone, (and no, not that kind of special, so you sisters can just calm down).

I'll rephrase that,

Dear person who is very special even though you don't believe it (I think)

You read my blog more often than I think (even though I always doubt it).
Your friendship means a lot more to me than you think, which may kinda creep you out because we're not like, BFF's or anything but I really appreciate how strong our thread of a bond is.
You're quite intelligent though you protest every time I tell you. You're really smart, and I hope you find a way to use that brain of yours in your future endeavours. Like Einstein said, everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. You're not stupid. You probably already know that but it doesn't hurt to hear it again, right? :)
You make me laugh - always. Especially when I don't want to - that is a rare gift my friend. I hope you harness it in future. Although, I hope people appreciate your humour as I do. It's a hit and miss quality really, you either love it or you hate it. I certainly love it.
I'm really trying to compliment you without sounding patronising. Please know that I write this as an admirer not as a congratulator standing on higher ground.
I wish we were better friends - and I've had many years of opportunity - but alas, I did not try. I wish I knew you better so my words would have more credibility in your eyes.
I wish I had the bravery to tell this to your face.
But, like I was many years ago, I'm still scared you'd just laugh in my face and reject these words.
So, like the coward I am, I chose the safer road - an ambiguous letter intended for an unknown recipient published for the world to see, hoping you'd find it.

But I hope you know it's for you.

With sincerity,
Tui.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, jus kidding tui. look after your back yeah? ;) hhahahah.thanks for the nice comments aye, will not go unnoticed.

    the secret someone.

    Slender

    ReplyDelete